Seeking an accomplished and proficient coach/accompanist to join the artistic staff for our 67th season, May 23-July 21, 2017. Opera in the Ozarks at Inspiration Point (www.opera.org) is a training program for aspiring opera singers in beautiful Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The company runs three main stage productions in repertory (7-8 performances each) and a smaller, traveling studio artist production in a one-month season of performances, June 23 to July 21. The company comprises 45 vocal artists supported by an artistic/administrative staff of 25 and a paid orchestra of 25. 2017 productions include Mozart Le nozze di Figaro, Floyd Susannah, Bizet Carmen and a Studio Program outreach production.
The successful candidate will:
• have experience inspiring and nurturing young artists
• serve as one of two principal vocal coaches, preparing and refining the company’s Emerging and Studio artist for the summer season of performances, June 23-July 21
• mentor two junior accompanists
• play for rehearsals and perform as assigned
• co-curate the end-of-season opera scenes evening; music direct 1/4 of these scenes
• serve as music director/emcee for some outreach events
• contribute as a member of a collegial team of artist/teachers
• depending on the skills of the successful candidate, might prepare the chorus for Carmen or Susannah, or serve as an assistant conductor
Compensation includes $4000, private, air-conditioned room (shared bath), meals 6.5 days/week for the term of the contract.
Email a letter of application to Artistic Director Thomas Cockrell at email@example.com. Attach a resume or CV, a list of three references and/or letters of reference, and links to audio and/or video performances accompanying vocalists. The position is open until filled.