Reports to the Director of External Affairs in the Development Office and works closely with the President of the Opera Club.
The primary responsibility of the Opera Club Steward is to act as “house manager” within the Club and to coordinate/facilitate the privileges of the Opera’s top patrons, Club members, and special visitors throughout the season. As the Opera Club Steward manages and monitors admittance and attendance to the Club, the work schedule is varied. The Steward also assists Development Officers and other Opera staff by providing summaries of potential Opera Club attendees for every performance.
1. Manage all member and guest or donor-related areas associated with the Opera Club; serve as “house manager” for each performance. Work with theatre house management; act as member and guest greeter. Issue special passes for artists and special guests.
2. Collaborate with Box Office staff to obtain performance tickets for Opera Club members and special guests; handle distribution of tickets.
3. Assist Development Officers and other staff in identifying all potential Opera Club attendees for each performance; direct staff’s attention to key donors and prospects as they enter the Club.
4. Assist members of the Development Office in coordinating attendance of guests and donors at popular “working” and “dress” rehearsals, and in preparation and distribution of donor benefits materials as needed.
5. Work closely with the Opera Club president to generate correspondence to Opera Club members regarding season passes, events and annual meeting materials.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Formal dress at all performances. Excellent inter-personal skills. Sound judgment; ability to problem-solve and negotiate situations with discretion. Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding donors, members and guests. Proactive and independent work style, as well as the ability to work as a member of a team. Computer skills with Windows-based environment required (including Word and Excel); experience with a relational database highly preferred.
Hours: While this is a 40 hour per week position, the schedule is somewhat complex due to the work flow:
Primarily weekdays 9:00–5:00, may include a few Saturdays.
Afternoon (from approximately 2:30 pm) through the last intermission of the performance, and Saturday mornings.
Similar to July; work days start and finish slightly earlier due to earlier curtain times.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com