Carl Fischer Music is immediately seeking a Production Manager to manage all aspects of the Production Department and lead the Production team. This position will report to the CEO and will help set/drive the strategic direction. This position is based in New York City.
The ideal candidate will possess proven management and leadership skills as well as experience working in music publishing. He/she must have an ability to organize, prioritize, and problem-solve in a setting with rapidly changing needs and deadlines. He/she will have strong editorial skills and proficiency in music engraving software. He/she should be able to learn new software programs and processes quickly, have passion for classical music, and have the drive and direction to complete his/her work thoroughly, efficiently, and on time. This position requires someone with a collaborative spirit and a get-it-done attitude.
- Oversee the complete production process for all works in sales and rental catalogs
- Establish and maintain annual publication schedule
- Manage Production Department personnel
- Collaborate with editors, both in-house and outside, to manage all aspects of creating new publications
- Correspond with composers, via phone and email, to bring their new works to the catalog
- Troubleshoot editorial issues as they arise
- Monitor inventory and manage reprints
- Proof publications for quality control
- Liaise with other departments, including sales, marketing, copyright & licensing, in-house print-shop and warehouse at varying points throughout the production process to ensure effective communication and clarify responsibilities as needed
- Review and approve invoices from printers and other outside vendors
- Maintain multiple databases, including print history
- 5 years of related experience in music publishing
- Proficiency with Sibelius, Finale, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent capacity for organization, time management, and multi-tasking, along with the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proactive and creative problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible and creative thinker
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal); a team player
- Comfortable with multitasking and with learning new systems and processes
- Experience with personnel management
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Bachelor degree required
Carl Fischer Music publishes educational and contemporary classical music and maintains its own production, marketing, sales and copyright & licensing departments. As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Carl Fischer is large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference. We are still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment.
Compensation will depend upon prior experience. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of full-time employment.
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Sabrina Juetting. A background in music is essential for this position, please go into detail about this in you cover letter.