Pittsburgh Opera, Inc., a Level II member of Opera America and a constituent organization of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, has an immediate opening and is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Digital Marketing Manager.
The Digital Marketing Manager will run all Pittsburgh Opera’s digital initiatives, including managing our website, mobile app, social media accounts, digital marketing campaigns and e-newsletters. The Digital Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee Pittsburgh Opera’s social media strategy, and create compelling social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Create and oversee effective Digital Marketing Campaigns, using your analytic skills and creativity to identify and test innovative opportunities for campaign growth and improvement.
- Create, monitor, measure and improve Pittsburgh Opera’s E-newsletters, including subject line testing and personalized content.
- Website content updates, maintenance, and enhancements. Devise strategies to drive online traffic to pittsburghopera.org
- Mobile App content updates, maintenance, and enhancements. Increase app downloads and usage.
- Track, measure and report on key metrics
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices. Review new technologies and keep Pittsburgh Opera at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Collaborate with both internal and external constituencies and partners
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-4+ years’ experience, either client-side or at an agency
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, with a passion for excellence
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with current online marketing and measurement trends and best practices
- Experience using website Content Management Systems
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (Google Analytics, Omniture)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM efforts
- Email marketing experience, including track record of continual improvement
- Adept at social media marketing, including paid Facebook and Twitter ad campaigns
- Proficient at Google tools such as Webmaster Tools, Tag Manager, Google for Business, and Google for Nonprofits
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns
Helpful, but not required:
- Knowledge of opera
- Passion for the arts
- Prior experience in specific 3rdparty systems used by Pittsburgh Opera:
- Expression Engine (our website CMS)
- Instant Encore (our mobile app CMS)
- Tessitura ticketing software
- Mail2 (enewsletter software)
- Rudimentary knowledge of HTML
- Ecommerce experience
Salary and Benefits:
- The position is full-time exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills.
- Benefits include medical, and vision; paid vacation and holidays.
The Pittsburgh Opera is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please respond by email only to Kristin Gatch at email@example.com. Your application package should include a cover letter providing your salary requirements/expectations and resume.