Position Title: Lighting Supervisor/Production Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Production
Employment Status: Full-Time
Supervisory Requirements: Yes
The Lighting Supervisor/Production Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Production and provides oversight of all lighting activities in support of the mission of The Atlanta Opera. The Lighting Supervisor/Production Coordinator actively manages the lighting operations and provides administrative support for the Production Department.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES – LIGHTING SUPERVISOR
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude, especially using the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Proficient digital drafting
- Knowledge or strong interest in opera preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively within production team and with multiple departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Theatre or related field
- At least 4 years work experience in theatrical production with a demonstrated track record of increased responsibility
- Ability to sit at a desk for up to and over eight hours per day
- Ability to communicate using a phone and headset
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Have valid driver’s license
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
- Position requires evening and weekend obligations during the opera season
Director of Production will be at U.S.I.T.T. in St. Louis and available for questions or interviews. Please Email Resume and drafting sample with "Lighting Supervisor" in the subject line.