A key position on the fundraising team, the Development Specialist promptly enters and acknowledges all contributions to The Dallas Opera and manages the database for the department.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Development and works closely with all members of the Development team.
Qualifications. This individual will have at least five years of work experience and be well-versed in working with databases. Proficiency with Tessitura is highly desirable.
As the person generating acknowledgment letters on behalf of the company, the ideal candidate will possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with being well organized, detail-oriented, and committed to meeting deadlines.
Excellent computer skills in database use, word processing, Excel, and the Internet are of particular importance.
Responsibilities: Primary areas of responsibility include the timely and accurate processing of contributions and generating mailing lists. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process and promptly acknowledge gifts for all campaigns and special events
- Serve as development department’s database manager to meticulously update Tessitura records based on contacts with donors and prospects and as requested by development staff
- Pull address lists from Tessitura for special event invitations and donor mailings
- Provide general administrative support to Associate Director of Development, Special Events manager and others as needed
- Coordinate activities closely with other members of the development team
- Available to work some evenings and weekends during performance season
- Team-oriented service as a member of the development team
- Performance of other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com