The Florentine Opera Company in Milwaukee Wisconsin, seeks a full-time Company Manger to start in the summer of 2017. The qualified individual will assist in a variety of projects in a multi-departmental position. The ideal candidate will gain vast experience in the process of producing opera, educational programming, community engagement events and artistic administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and teach introduction to opera sessions in classrooms.
- Manage administrative details of in-school tour.
- Develop opera resources, including study guides, musical recordings on CD and other multi-media tools that can match curriculum requirement and enhance overall efforts.
- Manage and oversee existing education and community engagement programs:
- Assist the development department with grant/sponsorship opportunities for the education and community engagement programs.
- Develop and maintain education database in order for it to provide useful and up to date information.
- Develop promotional materials (i.e. brochures, web site content).
- Participate in local arts and community organizations such as Education Roundtable, Wisconsin Music Association and various MPS events.
- Coordinate on-going collaborations with community arts partners.
- Actively promote school and community programs through the media (i.e. Facebook, news releases, story pitches, photo opportunities).
- Maintain archives for all education and community engagement programs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, vocal performance or arts administration, or relevant work experience.
- Experience in teaching students.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy production environment.
- Ability and desire to show exceptional attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Ability to communicate with and effectively organize large groups of people, including children.
- Ability to anticipate issues and find best solutions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 25+ lbs.
- Must be capable of responsible judgment and mature interpersonal relationships.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Reports to: Director of Artistic Administration
Please submit resume and three references to Lisa Hanson, Director of Artistic Administration, Florentine Opera Company, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Florentine offers a competitive salary and benefit package including health insurance, 403(b), generous vacation and holidays, and complementary performance tickets. The Florentine Opera Company is an equal opportunity employer.