New Orleans Opera Association (NOOA) is the only fully professional producer and presenter of opera in New Orleans with an annual budget of approximately $2.9 million. The company presents a four-production mainstage season as well as education and outreach programming for adults and children.
The Director of Audience Development creates, coordinates, and implements strategies for performance and event marketing, advertising, media, and public relations. Establishing, maintaining, and expanding contact relationships, the Director will serve as a liaison between NOOA and the community by fostering cultural participation and diversity. The Director will be responsible for all matters of PR, including creating/distributing press releases and the company newsletter as well as maintaining a comprehensive press list. The Director will oversee, in cooperation with the appropriate department heads, the design of all printed materials presented by the company, including, but not limited to, performance programs, education pamphlets, development brochures, promotional materials, and other departmental materials as needed. The Director ensures compliance with all Association, union and governmental policies and regulations as applies to their department. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related fields. MBA preferred.
- At least five years of progressive experience related to audience development or a related specialty. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of events management and marketing.
- Ability to utilize both traditional and cutting-edge technologies to develop long-range institutional marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated experience developing promotional plans including affinity events, group sales, etc.
- Identify and target new market segments particularly regarding higher education and regional reach.
- Develop annual marketing plan in conjunction with the Box Office.
- Expertise in graphic design, including web design and maintenance.
- Proven success with budgeting and projecting ticket sales
- Proven experience developing relationships with media partners, particularly regarding negotiations and quid pro quo agreements.
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in an environment where multi-tasking is necessary.
- High level organizational and analytical skills to manage/monitor productivity of marketing plans.
- Ability to organize and develop community outreach and involvement.
- Management experience coordinating the allocation of resources and coordinating of event staff.
- Ability to maintain and grow an active social network.
- Experience leading telemarketing campaigns preferred.
- Experience with photography preferred.
- Experience working in non-profit arts organizations is necessary, familiarity with operatic repertoire, traditions, and trends preferred.
- Familiarity with New Orleans market preferred.
- Must be a team player, collaborative, receptive to new concepts, ideas. Able to interact and cooperate with all departments, communicate effectively, foster innovation, collaborate with others, resolve problems creatively
NOOA offers a competitive salary with full benefits.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the address below. Electronic submissions are preferred.
Timothy Todd Simmons, Executive Director
New Orleans Opera Association
935 Gravier Street, Suite 1940
New Orleans, LA 70112