Job Title: Advancement Data Assistant
Department: Advancement Services
Reports To: Advancement Data Manager
Date: January 2017
The Advancement Data Assistant is responsible for entering accurate constituent contribution and ticketing data on behalf of the Development and Marketing departments at Houston Grand Opera. This position upholds the integrity of constituent data and contributes greatly to the overall accuracy of revenue data within Tessitura, HGO’s constituent database. This experienced data professional will work closely with all members of the Advancement Services team, and at times the Information Services and Finance departments, in order to streamline data processes and uphold entry standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform timely data entry tasks and manage entry processes to ensure accurate and relevant donor and ticket buyer information in Tessitura:
- Fundraising contribution entries
- Pledges, gifts, payments, web donations, adjustments, pay plans, declined payments
- Marketing ticketing entries and maintenance
- Subscription and invoice payments, new season set up, subscription confirmation letters, renewals, price events and demand pricing updates
- Review and track bad debt expenses and On Account funds
- HGOco, Communication and Guild entries and maintenance
- HGOco Season set up, Opera Cues ad revenue, Guild event set up
- Regular database maintenance: merges, address and constituent updates, constituent audit report, web batch checks, resolve CSIs
- Receive returned mail for Advancement departments; investigate/update where needed
- Assist with basic list, extraction, report requests, and special projects, as assigned by Advancement Data Manager and/or Director of Advancement Operations
At least 2 consecutive years of proven professional experience interacting with a sophisticated data management system; data entry, clerical, payroll or bookkeeping experience preferred. Ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing is required. Applicant must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding technical knowledge, eye for accuracy, and attention to detail. Candidate must enjoy coordinating routine tasks and responsibilities on a daily basis, and thrive in a faced paced setting. Must possess strong organizational and customer service skills.