This position will work under the direction of the Director of the Domingo-Cafritz Young Artist Program on the short- and long-term planning of the Domingo-Cafritz Young Artist Program’s activities and will manage the day-to-day operations of the Program. Additionally, this position will assist in the planning of the American Opera Initiative and will be responsible for coordinating schedules, travel, and other logistics related to the American Opera Initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
75% Management of the day-to-day affairs and administrative needs of the program, including scheduling, budgeting, payroll, and coordination of activities with visiting teaching artists.
• Create daily schedule and update calendars
• Point of contact for young artists and faculty
• Organize travel and accommodation for visiting artists
• Process weekly fees and payment requests
• Coordinate ancillary events and annual audition tour
20% Assist with the administrative needs of all aspects of the American Opera Initiative.
• Recruitment and application process
• Coordinate workshops
5% Maintain documentation of all program activities and oversee the content of the Domingo-Cafritz Young Artist Program section on the Kennedy Center website.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 1-2 years working in arts management or at a performing arts institution with proven success.
• Background in music and knowledge of operatic repertoire is a plus.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
• Superior administrative, organizational, planning and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with basic bookkeeping procedures.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premiere performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.
For consideration apply online at www.kennedy-center.org/jobs.