Boston Lyric Opera has an immediate opening for a Stage Manager (SM) for the remainder of the 2016 – 2017 season consisting of two mainstage operas; The Rake’s Progress and Le Nozze di Figaro. Dates for these contracts are: January 30-March 19, 2017 and March 20-May 7, 2017. The SM will manage the staging staff and interact with other departments. Duties include assisting the Stage Directors and Conductors with organizing and running of all staging, musical, and technical rehearsals. The SM will lead in the creation of running sheets, and production paperwork, including the preparation of the calling score, and coordinate and call all cues during technical rehearsals and performances. The SM will supervise two Assistant Stage Managers and a Production Assistant.
- Ability to read music.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years experience in a professional opera setting.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience working in a union setting, preferably AGMA, AFM, and IATSE.
- Excellent management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a large workload over a short period of time.
Boston Lyric Opera is a signatory of an Opera Agreement with AGMA (American Guild of Musical Artists). The applicant must be a member of or willing to join AGMA. Salary is based on negotiated rates in the collective bargaining agreement.
Send cover letter, resume, and references at your earliest convenience, but no later than January 25 to Jessica Johnson Brock, Production Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.