Job Title: Technical and Production Administrator
Department: Technical and Production
Reports to: Producing Director
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Date: February 2017
Summary: The Technical and Production Administrator manages the financial processes and administrative activities of the Technical and Production departments. He/she works closely with all departments of the Technical and Production team to ensure that productions run smoothly administratively, meet deadlines, and stay within budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track expenses, ensuring that account coding is done according to budget.
- Prepare weekly spending reports, analyzing expenses for budgeting purposes.
- Coordinate and process payroll for all technical and production departments (including Stagehand, Wardrobe, Costumes, Wigs and Makeup, Stage Management, and technical and production staff).
- Coordinate and process weekly invoices and Accounts Payable.
- Coordinate and process credit card statements with/for members of the technical and production department.
- Track and reconcile Technical and Production petty cash.
- Oversee departmental HR functions:
- Collate and maintain Technical and Production Department HR records (i.e. attendance tracking, vacation schedules, etc.)
- Work with HR, arranging keys, parking cards, and other administrative details for Technical and Production staff members
- Working with the Safety Manager, administer the HGO Safety Program (processing and tracking injury reports, managing deadlines, preparing OSHA reports, etc.).
- Acquire and maintain all necessary legal and permit paperwork (such as flame permits, etc.).
- Administer technical requirements of rental and co-production contracts, including but not limited to:
- Issuing and tracking payments (for incoming productions)
- Coordinating and scheduling technical and costume supervisors
- Arrange travel and housing for HGO technical and production staff and supervisors from other companies as required.
- Prepare and administer Technical and Production staff contracts.
- Maintain Technical and Production department files (electronic and paper).
- Provide administrative support for the Producing Director and Technical Director as required.
NOTE: This job description represents the essential functions of the position, but is not all inclusive. Additional duties reasonably related to the position may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Experience with finance operations or office management mandatory; prior work experience in a professional arts organization strongly preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs – demonstrated skill with Excel a must. Experience in arranging and planning travel (both domestic and international) beneficial. Previous experience with OSHA health and safety practices and programs helpful.
Special Job Characteristics:
Candidate should be highly motivated, independent self-starter with ability to process numerous elements and information within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Must be able to pay extremely close attention to detail and to maintain the highest level of accuracy while juggling multiple tasks. Should be a creative problem-solver with strong verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this position, please use the link associated with this posting.