PURPOSE: To assist the Production Controller with the day to day accounting needs of the Production Department.
- Equivalent work experience in a related field or two-year AA degree in accounting/finance from an accredited college preferred
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in general accounting, including payables and expense reconciliation
Knowledge of practices and procedures of accounting
Experience in not-for-profit accounting in performing arts or visual arts preferred
Database experience, MS Access and MS SQL, ODBC data export/exports/queries
Proficient in advanced MS Office skills. Advanced spreadsheet skills are critical, including but not limited to: pivot tables, VLOOKUP, complex SUMIFS statements and macro creation
Strong attention to detail
Technical proficiency in working with accounting systems and basic financial tools
Ability to work independently; prioritize tasks; and exercise good judgment and initiative
Ability to perform multiple tasks and sustain productivity and accuracy under tight deadlines
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with artists, staff, the public, and volunteers in a professional, confidential and tactful manner
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
Ability to explain policy and accounting details to non-accountants
Reliable daily attendance and punctuality
Ability to work at a computer for up to 7 hours per day
Ability to use a dolly and lift up to 25lbs (infrequently)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
- Track project budgets in conjunction with production & technical managers and scenic fabricators
- Act as lead for Accounts Payable and Payroll entry function for Production department. Review all invoices and timesheets for proper account coding in accordance with SFO policies. Determine that all expenditures are approved per SFO financial authorization policy.
- Maintain accurate supplier information which includes the setup of new vendors and corresponding banking information
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist the Finance department with financial reporting as needed
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as dictated by seasonal or departmental needs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned and assists with special projects as needed
E-mail required cover letter and résumé with salary requirements directly to email@example.com or fax to (415) 551-6297. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position
in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF