The Florentine Opera Company in Milwaukee Wisconsin, seeks a full-time Company Manger to start in the summer of 2017. The qualified individual will assist in a variety of projects in a multi-departmental position. The ideal candidate will gain vast experience in the process of producing opera, educational programming, community engagement events and artistic administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all guest artist travel and housing arrangements.
- Transport visiting artists from their local accommodations to rehearsals and performances.
- Assist in implementation and facilitation of company auditions.
- Participate in the education in-school tour rehearsal process.
- Coordinate administrative details of the education in-school tour.
- Transport the in-school education tour set, costumes and props to schools and community venues.
- Transport and set-up keyboard at various community venues as needed.
- Assist in the creation of the Teacher Resource Guides and supporting materials (online resources for teachers and CD duplication).
- Assist with implementation and facilitation of The Young Singing Actor Intensive.
- Bachelor’s degree in artistic administration, theater, or relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy production environment.
- Ability and desire to show exceptional attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Ability to communicate with and effectively organize large groups of people, including children.
- Ability to anticipate issues and find best solutions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 25+ lbs.
- Must be capable of responsible judgment and mature interpersonal relationships.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Director of Artistic Administration
Please submit resume and three references to Lisa Hanson, Director of Artistic Administration, Florentine Opera Company, email@example.com.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Florentine offers a competitive salary and benefit package including health insurance, 403(b), generous vacation and holidays, and complementary performance tickets. The Florentine Opera Company is an equal opportunity employer.