As a founding member of the Performing Arts Alliance
works with the performing arts field to advocate for the development of national policies that recognize and strengthen
the contributions that the arts make to America. OPERA America
members receive timely information on legislative developments and advocacy opportunities
through OPERA America
’s monthly e-newsletters, the Government Affairs listserv, e-mail updates and Action Alerts from the Performing Arts Alliance.
The Performing Arts Alliance is a national network comprising the professional, nonprofit performing arts and presenting fields. For 30 years, the
Performing Arts Alliance has been the premier advocate for America's professional nonprofit arts organizations, artists and their publics before the
U.S. Congress and key policy makers. Through legislative and grassroots action, the Performing Arts Alliance advocates for national policies that
recognize, enhance and foster the contributions the performing arts make to America.
- Alternate ROOTS
- American Composers Forum
- Association of Performing Arts Presenters
- Chamber Music America
- Chorus America
- Fractured Atlas
- League of American Orchestras
- National Alliance for Musical Theatre
- National Association of Latino Arts and Culture
- National Performance Network
- Network of Ensemble Theaters
- New Music USA
- OPERA America
- Theatre Communications Group
Visit the Performing Arts Alliance
website to communicate with members of
Congress, access an Advocacy 101 guide, read rules on inviting members of Congress to performances and events, view the congressional voting records
and see summaries of current legislative issues.
Become an OPERA America Government Affairs Liaison for your company!
- Get added to the Government Affairs Liaison Listserv for regular policy and legislative updates.
- Share this information with your company, board members, and artists.
- Help identify impact stories to help OPERA America better serve your organization in Washington, D.C.
- Report policies that impact your company and help OPERA America gain tips on how to mobilize and advocate.
Not sure if your company has a Government Affairs Liaison? Contact the government affairs office at BGryde@operaamerica.org